Monday, June 23, 2008

License To Drive


As of 12:32 this afternoon, I am officially a successful eye-test, a filled-in application form, and a week away from receiving my license to kill, more legally called a diver's license (driver's license, sorry - typo).

Yes, it's only provisional and no, I may not drive at all without a professional license-holder with me, but it's a license anyway.

This morning I woke up with an ulcer so big you could fit half of Trinity College through it without too much effort. Survival by means of nutrition was the last thing on my mind. I had my Driver's Theory Test the next day.

(People living with me in this little island called Ireland, skip this bit. For those lucky enough not to belong to that category, a Driver's Theory Exam basically comprises of 40 questions out of a billion, where you get asked what the road signs all mean and how not to claim compensation from your insurance company. Get five incorrectly and you fail.)

Fortunately, I literally passed with flying colours (I wore every colour in a rainbow - red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet - don't ask how. Suffice to say, I could have done the Benetton campaign had I not displayed rabies-like symptoms.) Not only did I pass the exam, but I got every question correct. And without Adderall too. All with the magic of cramming - cramming and countless cups of coffee and countless hours of yoga. 

What can I say? I'm a health junkie.

To those who are about to take the exam, don't believe the hype (if there ever was one). Know every single question off by heart, and you'll be OK.

Seriously, don't believe the hype. The Driver Theory Test is the Sex & the City movie of the transportation-world.

Photo Source

No comments: